Monday 26 March 2012

Evolution of the Mannequin; An Observation

I'd just like to say a few words about something that I find possibly worth investigating. Have you noticed that over the last 30 years female mannequins have developed nipples?


I remember in the 1970's nipple free mannequins (see opposite, also missing an arm for some reason). Now, what I want to know is, is there a secret reason for this? Although I have never seen a pregnant mannequin - no doubt there are a few out there - perhaps these ladies have taken to nursing their young. But then nowadays there seems to be far less child mannequins in department stores thatn there were at one time.


So, questions, questions...do mannequins suckle their young? Where do they hide all the child mannequins of yesteryear? Or is the nipple an aid to the retailer when looking to somewhere to temporarily suspend a clothes-hanger?

Whatever next?

No comments:

Post a Comment